The school of the Sam Houston was founded in the year 1879 but when it reached 2003 the university finally got its ring. This ring was specifically designed by the committee of the Sam Houston State University, which included the student, faculty and the alumni. When the SHSU class ring was designed, it has been specifically envisioned so that it can portray the pride which the member of the Sam Houston State University has.
Parts of the Ring
The ring is an integral part of the SHSU. All the elements which are the part of the ring have been properly picked so that it can beautifully capture all the significance of this university.
- When you will closely look into the ring you can find that 1879 is written along with the graduation year of the student to whom it belongs.
- On the other side, you can see the Austin Hall, which is considered to be the oldest building that was specifically used for educational purpose.
- In the heart of the Sam Houston state university ring, there is a star along with SH, which indicated the State of Texas.
- You can also find Honour written on it. This word has been cast around this band for imitating the exact ring which was given to Sam Houston by his mother when he was joining the army of the US.
- This ring is a symbol that all the students who are a part of this Sam Houston State University are ready to face all the challenges throughout their graduation time and after the graduation, it will symbolize that they are now ready to face any challenges that are thrown to them by the world.
All the students of this Sam Houston State University State University wear the class rings as a symbol of pride.